A Comprehensive Roadmap for Implementing Enterprise Performance Management Solutions
Many organisations face challenges in prioritizing EPM initiatives primarily due to the complexity of management process, organisation structure and system landscape. The lack of a clearly defined EPM Implementation roadmap has proven to be the number one barrier to a successful EPM Program.
What is required is to assess the current business landscape, benchmark against industry best practices, define Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) maturity levels and set clear business performance goals, enterprise readiness checks, priorities, risks & desired outcomes.
- Comprehensive phase by phase EPM Roadmap adopting a unified approach for an integrated, scalable and reliable EPM implementation
- Comprehensive Assessment Report including GAP/Fit analysis and Option Analysis, Rollout Approach and Proposed Architecture
- Project Management guidance that includes Overall Plan, Resource Requirements and a Timeline for implementation
- Budgetary guidance that includes cost of individual phases of the implementation
The C5 EPM Assessment provides a Best Practice Roadmap for a future EPM state of the organization is organized into a logical workflow that includes three primary components: Program Maturity & Vision, Functional Review, and Technical Review.
ROADMAP MATURITY & VISION
During this stage, Column5 will review your current-state program maturity against our capability maturity model for EPM, align on program vision, and identify gaps between current state and future state vision. We will also baseline so we can measure improvement empirically.
- Business Case Review
- Business Process Review
- Process Benchmarking
- Executive Sentiment Baseline
- User Sentiment Baseline
- Program Vision Alignment
Once we understand your program maturity and vision, we review the Functional design and configuration of your application to assess the extent to which it is consistent with best practices and aligned with the vision.
- Business Functionality
- Dimensional Design
- Feature Enablement
- Upgrade Readiness
Once we have investigated the Functional design and configuration, we review the technical infrastructure supporting the is operating optimally and provide health checks to ensure the application is leveraging the latest configuration and optimizaition improvements.
- Usage Analysis
- Operating System
- Platform Configuration Review
- Scalability/Performance Testing
Our consultants will analyze the results and produce a comprehensive, detailed Application Review Findings Report that documents your current state EPM maturity and the state of your BPC application including opportunities for improvement and root causes of challenges. The report will include specific recommendations to improve performance and stability, optimize total cost of ownership, and enhance the value driven by the solution. These recommendations will be prioritized into short, mid, and long term recommendations as well as level of effort required by your team and/or our team.
The report is very informative and stands alone as a valuable asset but an interactive review session with your team is also included to make sure the report and its prescriptions for improvement are thoroughly understood.
The assessment can typically be completed in a few weeks and will require only light to modest availability from your team over that period. We will begin with an initial meeting to review the approach and prepare your team for the assessment, arrange systems access, etc. We will then distribute surveys to your team and get started.
A typical workflow for the assessment process looks like this:1. Survey & Data Collection: Surveys will be distributed to and collected from relevant executives, BPC administrators, users, and technical resources. Relevant documentation will be collected.
2. Survey Analysis & Interviews: Our consultants will interview key stakeholders including executives, process owners, functional administrators, and technical administrators.
- Program Maturity & Vision
- Enterprise Planning & Reporting Process Benchmarking Survey
- EPM/BPC Surveys
- Review Strategic, Opertational, and Financial Planning Processes and Tools
- Review Enterprise Reporting and Consolidation Processes and Tools
3. Application Review
- Functional Assessment
- Data architecture & flow
- Dimensional model
- Business rules & calculations
- Reports & Input Templates
- Workflow & other functionality
- Throughout-upgrade readiness (if applicable)
- Technical Assessment
- Sizing of the landscape to meet business needs
- Environment configuration variables/settings
- Administrative processes & data flows that impact system performance
- Report Presentation & Review